The hair removal can become one of the most discouraging moments that a modern woman can face.
There are several methods of hair removal. The epilator, waxing, traditional and electric shavers, the laser. Let’s clarify some ideas …
In the short term the traditional razors may seem like the cheapest option, but involves shaving cuts and scratches and blood flowing to your legs .
Additionally, after a day or two, the hair forest inevitably crops up, because the razors cut hair surface, to skin level.
A viable alternative to traditional razors are electric razors . They are fast, easy to use, easy to clean, they are safe and do not scratch the skin. Like traditional razors, however, cut hair surface, do not tear them at their roots.
The waxing makes your super smooth legs for a few weeks, however, is much more expensive than shaving, and can cause ingrown hairs.
The laser removal is extremely effective, but only if you’re willing to spend some money (more than one thousand Euros).
At this point, what we are left? The epilator: the most convenient way to hold off the hairs.
Here are the most popular hair removal methods, with the pros and cons.
Our guides on the best epilators
This is the guide with a list of the best epilators and with directions on how to choose one that meets your needs.
Are you afraid of ingrown hairs?
Want a reduction method permanent hair? Here are the best epilators to pulsed light.
Difference between hair removal and hair removal of hair
There are two methods of hair removal, hair removal and hair removal.
The process of hair removal removes the entire hair, including the root. Thehair removal instead removes only the section of hair out of the follicle.
The waxing and the epilator are forms of hair removal , while the razor and creams depilatory are forms of hair removal.
The hairs, in general, a small part grow under the skin, and then exits via the pores. When you shave, cut only the outer part of the hair (it’s like when you cut a tree). With the hair removal, eliminate the entire follicle.
What is an epilator?
The use of motorized tweezers epilators tearing hair at the root. Give results similar to waxing, with the advantage to overcome its weaknesses.With the epilator, in fact, you do not need to heat the wax, you do not have to be careful not to drop it around the house and, above all, in the end, you do not clean it all.
The electric hair remover does it hurt?
There are no uncertain terms, the epilators are painful and may cause irritation such as redness or itching. But not sfiduciatevi, because …
Women who use the electric epilator for years ensure that when your skin fit, the whole process becomes less painful . You will feel more like a tingling real pain.
If you’re used to waxing, go electric all epilators is a breeze.
How does an epilator?
Epilators are devices consisting of a spring spiral turning tearing his hair at the root.
All you need to do is to roll this spiral on your skin following the direction of hair growth. Epilators can be of three types: tweezers, spiral and rotating disc. They are all the same thing (remove unwanted hair ) and are super efficient in their work.
Removing hairs from the root, they allow you to have smooth legs for longer, about 6 weeks!
As I said, you do not need to heat the wax and to clean up the mess at the end. Just switch on the epilator and you’re done. The process is fast and easyhelp eliminate unwanted hair in about 30-45 minutes!
The epilator benefits
+ Long lasting results
The results obtained are semi-permanent . This means that you will not need to repeat the process for several weeks!
The reason for the slow growth is that epilators tear their hair at the root.
With the razors the hairs are cut at the base of the skin. The root remains intact and regrowth will be fast.
+ The process is fast. We must not clean up the mess created (as with waxing).
Compared to waxing, the hair removal process is much faster. You do not need many preparations and cleaning is much easier.
Epilators require no water or shaving creams and leave no residue on the skin. With waxing, however, the casino is assured.
+ Save money
Using an epilator it saves money .
Because? Why do you have to buy only once (one spending … the initial one).With waxing, however, you have to buy every time the kit with the rips and the wax, while with traditional razors, every shaving need to change the blades or buy new ones.
You can easily epilate to your home. The process is simple, and many women using the epilator avoid going on expensive spa.
With waxing, he preferred to turn to professionals because it was not an easy process.
Now with epilators it is no longer so. With these devices you will get the same results as waxing, but the process is easy and zero expense.
The disadvantages epilator
Like every product also epilators have their problems.
– A little bit painful
Because the process takes to tear the hair at the root, it is inevitable that you will feel some pain.
The level of pain varies. It depends on the area treated. It will be less bearable in the most sensitive areas. But it must specify, that evil tends to fade when the skin begins to adapt to the process.
– Ingrown hairs
Using the epilator you may get an ingrown hair … that cause pain.
An ingrown hair is nothing more than a hair that grows towards its follicle and that sometimes creates small bumps on the skin. To avoid them, regularly exfoliate your skin to remove dead skin cells and unleash the sleeping space for proper growth.
Compared with other methods to use at home, the epilator is the easiest system and ensures longer lasting results. The pain will be rewarded by the duration of the effects.
How do I use an epilator?
Before any advice for beginners
At first the hair removal may seem a strange process. It ‘similar to shaving because you have to move the device up and down on your body, but it is much closer to waxing because it removes hair at the root.
For more efficient “before hair removal”, we have collected for you some useful tips to remember. Discouraged at the first hair removal is very easy, knowing these principles help you to not abandon the epilator before you start using it appropriately.
- Yes, we know, the first few times it can be painful, but do not move the epilator too quickly on your skin to try to finish first! You’re going to leave with too many unwanted hair, and especially you break the follicles without even removing the root. Leave the epilator on a area for at leastthree seconds before switching to the next zone.
- Before you begin the process of hair removal, make sure the hairs are not too long . The long hairs are more difficult to be depilated and cause much more pain during removal. The general rule is to shave 2 or 3 days prior to epilation.
- At the end of the process, people with sensitive skin may end up with red spots on the skin . Usually disappear within 24 hours .
- Do not give up after the first attempt , even if you have had a painful experience! Your skin, with time, you get used to the sensation of epilation. Also, more uses the epilator, the less will be the hairs to be removed in the future. Less hair = less pain!
- Use the epilator in less sensitive areas like legs and arms. The epilator the armpits or the bikini area, it can cause real pain.
Now let’s see step by step how to use the epilator
Philips Wet & Dry epilator
- Fully charge the epilator before starting (avoid to stay in the middle of the process ).
- You must be sure that the area to be depilated is clean and dry. Even a bit of dust can clog the epilator head and cause a malfunction. To remove hair efficiently and quickly, before epilation make a ‘exfoliation of the skin to remove excess dead cells. This arrangement exposes more hair, and the results will be more visible … you have smoother skin.
- Take a shower or a warm bath before using the epilator. The heat will open the follicles and the hair will be removed much more easily. Dries your skin perfectly and before starting the hair removal, do not apply either lotions or creams. Apply creams or lotions prevents all’epilatore to reach the hair, it will take much longer to finish, and especially feel more pain.
- Before you begin, massage your skin in the opposite direction of hair growth. In this way you are lifting the hairs that will be in position to be easily removed.
- Off the epilator from office. Sit in a comfortable position and switch on the epilator. Tweezers in the head will begin to rotate and to pluck hairs from the root. Place the tweezers close to the skin area you want to epilate.
- First, experiments in non-sensitive area. Choose an area where the hair is thicker, like the calf or knee. Move the epilator head slowlyalong your skin. Move it in the direction of hair growth. This minimizes the likelihood of ingrown hairs. You may need to move the epilator more times on the same area to achieve the desired results.Get used to the sensation of epilation before moving on to more sensitive areas.
- Turn off the epilator when you’re done . Once you turned off, make sure there are no hairs stuck in the tweezers. If there are, gently remove them with the cleaning brush included or blowing on it.Eliminated locked hair, the device is ready for the next use.
After epilation, to cure any redness, tones your skin with a tonic for the high quality body. If you do not have a tonic, mix one part white vinegar to three parts water and apply this mixture on your skin.
After a couple of days from hair removal, exfoliate the skin to remove dead skin cells.
Finally, the hair removal is the most efficient and lasting method for removing unwanted hair.
I recommend to always use a quality epilator , spend more to purchase, but listen to me, the money spent does not regret it!
Better waxing or epilator? What it does more harm?
- And ‘fast. You can treat an entire area of your body very fast. If you become good / or with the epilator, the process may become as fast as shaving.
- And ‘clean. It does not require gel and shaving creams. After use, you do not do anything for your skin.
- The results are excellent. For speed and results can not be beat.
- Price. You just need to buy the device.
Benefits of waxing
- The skin becomes silky smooth after waxing.
- Ripping off all his hair, even those closest to the skin.
- Waxing is not as painful as you think.
- The kits for waxing at home are not very expensive.
It ‘hard to determine which is the best method.
Buy an epilator if you are sure to use it in the future and to be able to stand the pain, otherwise acquires for a waxing kit. The convenience of an epilator makes the whole process much, much easier.
However, both provide great results (which last much longer razor) and make you save a lot of time.
The one big difference is the cleanliness. With waxing the mess in the house is insured, the epilator is a clean device.
In conclusion, choosing one of these treatments is not wrong for sure!